FAQ’S | Guided Charter Fishing in Ketchikan Alaska
– It is common to see the American Eagle flying about in May and June. In July and August, you will see them closer to the rivers where the Salmon are returning
– Other wildlife that you may see are Otters, Seals, Deer, Humpback, and Orca Whales
– If you are planning on King Fishing then the late June/July season is best. Silver/Coho from August-September. Humpies are found in July and August
– Halibut is available May thru September
We meet you at your ship, no bus transfers. Included is all bait and tackle, a snack tray of fruits, vegetables, salmon dip, cheese and crackers, and homemade cookies.
We tell everyone coming on an Alaskan adventure to bring a waterproof jacket. You will see rain somewhere; remember you are traveling thru a temperate rainforest area. No boots are needed. We suggest layering. Temperatures range from 50-80 during our summer months. Sunscreen is suggested.
Guests 16 and over are required to have a fishing license, even for crabbing. Cost varies according to amount of days. 1-day $15, 3-days $30, 7-days $45. Licenses can be purchased from the Alaska and Fish Game Store online or on the boat at time of fishing.
If you plan to fish and keep a king then you must have a King Salmon stamp in your possession before fishing. Cost is 1-day $15, 3-days $30, 7-days $45.
If coming on a cruise ship , usually in town about 6-8 hours. We do Half Day Charters for approximately 5 hours. We try to give you actual fishing time of 4 hours which is dependent on your time in our city. You usually can walk about and see the town before returning to your cruise ship.
We welcome families of all generations. No age limit. We will teach you how to bait your fish, reel in your fish, and help you take pictures of your catch. We also will take your catch to the processor and arrange for processing + shipping to your home state when you are home by FedEx.
Experience One Vessel Mitigation Plan
– Experience One is Covid Clean
– The crew are vaccinated
– The company has a Covid Clean certification
– All crew are experienced in the sanitization of the vessel
– Recommendations are mask wearing, frequent hand sanitizing for guests and crew, gloves provided if needed and there is enough deck space for 6ft social distancing
– Charter groups will not be mixed. All groups 4-14 must come from the same pod
– The vessel is cleaned with a Life Water ultraviolet sanitation unit each night and in between charters as needed. Surface cleaning is done as needed with microban cleaners